We are happier when we feel relaxed and rested. If you have ever felt sluggish and groggy after a poor night’s rest, you understand how a lack of sleep can impact your mood and ability to function. Researchers now recognize that adequate sleep is as essential for good health, as diet and exercise. Experts recommend at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night for most people and have determined those who regularly get fewer than 6 hours of sleep are at a higher risk for degenerative conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke and cognitive decline.
Tips to help with sleep and relaxation
- As your day begins to slow down, take a few minutes to prepare yourself for tomorrow. This will help to clear your mind from the busyness of today and prevent over thinking once you lay down to sleep.
- Do food prep to make your morning easier with pre-made egg bites, overnight oats, smoothie in a bag and prepare lunches if needed
- Layout your clothes and any changes you need for the next day
- Make a to do list, writing things down can help your mind stop racing when you close your eyes
- Find activities that help you relax and create bedtime patterns. Set an alarm to tell yourself to stop watching Netflix or answering emails, it is time to start your unwind routine.
- Prevent blue light exposure (computer screens & TVs) 30 mins prior to bedtime.
- Read a book
- Relax in a warm bath
- Turn off the lights
- Listen to calming music
- Stretch or Meditate
- During the day limit caffeine and sugar consumption, eat a diet rich in superfoods and move your body.
- Add supplements to your unwind routine to help ease you to sleep.
- Pharma GABA® is scientifically studied for improvements in sleep quality. GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) is an amino acid produced naturally in the brain. Its main action is to calm, ease anxiety and quiet the mind. It helps with insomnia and improved sleep quality
- Lemon balm naturally increases your levels of the neurotransmitter GABA which has a positive effect on your overall mood and reduces anxiety.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) contains compounds that help relax the central nervous system. This plant has been extensively researched, with several clinical studies supporting its use in the treatment of insomnia and anxiety.
- L-Theanine promotes relaxation and encourages sleep by helping to elevate levels of GABA and other “calming chemicals” (serotonin and dopamine). Research shows L-Theanine improves quality of sleep, not through sedative action buy by helping lower anxiety and promoting relaxation.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is produced during the conversion of the essential amino acid L-tryptophan to serotonin. Serotonin is one of the principal neurotransmitters involved in regulating mood, happiness and sleep cycles.
- Melatonin reduces the time needed to fall asleep and increases the total amount of sleep time.
Prairie Naturals Sleep Solution is a safe, non-habit-forming liquid sleep aid designed to quickly ease the transition to sleep. Formulated with Lemon Balm, Passionflower, L-Theanine, 5HTP, Melatonin and PharmaGABA®, a natural and superior form of GABA, Sleep Solution will help you sleep soundly and wake up feeling refreshed, never groggy. Sleep Solution is synergistically blended to decrease the time required to fall asleep, to reduce the number of sleep interruptions, to create feelings of peace and calm and to support a good night’s sleep for most people.
Prairie Naturals Sleep Solutions Benefits:
- Helps to regulate your sleep cycle
- Helps to create feelings of peace and calm
- Not habit-forming
- Decreases the time required to fall asleep
- Does not leave your feeling groggy after waking
- Reduces the number of sleep interruptions